HYDROXYCUT - Hydroxycut’s Adverse Effects and How a Qualified Hydroxycut Attorney can Help
Hydroxycut is a weight loss / muscle-building supplement produced by Iovate Health Sciences Inc. and marketed under the Iovate and MuscleTech brand names. Due to serious health risks associated with using Hydroxycut, the FDA issued a May 1, 2009 recall in conjunction with Iovate that removed Hydroxycut from the marketplace. The recalled products are:
- Hydroxycut Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Max Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix)
- Hydroxycut Hardcore Liquid Caplets
- Hydroxycut Liquid Shots
- Hydroxycut Regular Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Natural
- Hydroxycut 24
- Hydroxycut Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink)
- Hydroxycut Carb Control
- Hydroxycut Max Aqua Shed
- Hydroxycut Max Drink Packets
- Hydroxycut Caffiene-Free Drink Packets
Serious health issues have arisen from the use of some of the above Hydroxycut products, including:
- liver damage and elevated liver enzymes (an indicator of potential liver damage)
- cardiovascular events including anxiety and rapid heartbeat
- rhabdomyolysis (muscle damage that can lead to other events such as kidney failure)
- exacerbation of pre-existing conditions such as glaucoma, high blood pressure and allergies
Symptoms of injury to the liver may include:
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
- brown urine
- vomiting, nausea or diarrhea
- weakness or tremors
- light-colored stools
- stomach pain
Most Hydroxycut products contain caffeine, a stimulant that can cause or worsen many conditions and conflict with medications. A caffiene overdose could lead to dizziness, seizures, hallucinations, tachycardia (rapid heart beat), arrhythmia (irregular heart beat,) breathing difficulty and loss of life. Other ingredients listed as herbal may be contaminated with heavy metals or be of concentrations far higher or lower than indicated.
Those who have been adversely affected by Hydroxycut products can receive essential assistance from a qualified Hydroxycut attorney who understands the complexity of this issue. Lawsuits against the makers of Hydroxycut address the company’s failure to adequately warn users of potentially lethal side effects.
If you or someone you love has experienced injury from the use of Hydroxycut, use our free evaluation form below to have your case reviewed by a knowledgeable Hydroxycut lawyer. Not all symptoms will occur during the actual use of the product. Some may appear later, after Hydroxycut consumption has been discontinued. If you have taken Hydroxycut, you owe it to yourself to understand what recourses and compensations may be available to you.
Time is of the essence in unsafe drug matters, and Hydroxycut lawsuits, both individual and class action, have been instituted to protect consumers’ rights. We empathize with a person’s desire to lose weight or build muscle mass, but are disturbed when companies offer products without being forthcoming about specific adverse event possibilities. We are here to help.
Keywords: Hydroxycut Lawsuit | Hydroxycut Attorney | Hydroxycut Lawyer | Hydroxycut Attorneys